Dara Lynn practices within the firm’s tax and estate planning group. She serves as a trusted advisor to individuals, business owners and families, and is often found working on developing a customized estate plan to address the specific needs of her clients and their family members, including, but not limited to, drafting specific instructions to divide assets among children from separate or prior marriages, providing for a minor child or a disabled child, or distributing a significant portion of a client’s assets to and among various charitable organizations.
Dara Lynn works closely with young families with minor children, retirees and high net worth individuals as well as their children concentrating on estate and gift tax planning, and family members who need the guidance of an attorney to administer a loved one’s estate and trust.
Prior to joining Tarlow Breed Hart & Rodgers, Dara Lynn was an Associate with O’Neill & Neylon in Weston, Massachusetts. While studying law, Dara Lynn worked at the Norfolk County Probate and Family Court in Canton, and in the Estate and Gift Tax Division of the Internal Revenue Service in Boston.
Before beginning her legal studies, Dara Lynn worked in her family’s business with her father and two brothers. She lives in Hingham with her husband, their two young daughters, and their cat, Tigger. She enjoys hiking, running, biking, swimming, painting and traveling, but she especially loves spending time with her family and friends.
- Estate planning
- Multi-generational wealth transfers
- Asset protection
- Gift and income tax planning
- Business succession
- Charitable planning
- Nuptial agreements
- General trust, estate and probate administration
Presentations and Lectures
- Boston Bar Association, Estate Planning with Real Estate, March 20, 2017
- Northwestern Mutual, Foundation Estate Planning, March 5, 2015
- Wolf & Company, P.C., Foundation Estate Planning, October 28, 2014
- Boston Bar Association, New Developments Committee, 2013-Present
- Boston Estate Planning Council, Membership Committee, 2013-Present
- Massachusetts Bar Association, 2008-Present
- Trusts and Estates Consortium, 2008-Present
- Business Associates Club, 2014-Present
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a Massachusetts Rising Star for Estate & Probate Law by Boston Magazine, 2016
- Georgetown University Law Center - LL.M. in Taxation with distinction, 2008
- Suffolk University Law School - J.D., 2007
- Tufts University - B.A., cum laude, 2002
- Pembroke Historical Society, Board of Directors, 2012-2015
- Adah F. Hall House, Pembroke, MA, Trustee, 2012-2015
- Appalachian Mountain Club, Member, 2013-Present
- Hingham Historical Society, Member, 2015-Present
- Trustees of the Reservation, Member, 2015-Present