Steve is a member of the firm’s Corporate group who counsels entrepreneurial
businesses and start-up companies. Steve’s practice focuses in the areas of
mergers & acquisitions, in addition to corporate financing transactions, including
venture capital, subordinated debt, asset-based lending, inter-creditor negotiations
and intellectual property protection, licensing and technology transfer.
Steve serves as general counsel to companies spanning diverse fields such as software,
semiconductor, capital equipment distribution, construction, real estate development
and management, pharmaceutical manufacturing consulting, internet-based businesses
and financial services.
Acquisitions, Roll-ups and Commercial Transactions
- Roll-up and $70,000,000 initial public offering of 8 financial professional staffing
- $7,000,000 purchase of industrial water tank manufacturer.
- $3,000,000 purchase of majority interest by minority shareholders in international
$10,000,000 buyout financed by private placement and senior secured indebtedness.
Intellectual Property Transactions
- $5,000,000 development agreement for inclusion of semiconductor chip client’s
contactless point of sale technology in credit card issuers’ next generation
of payment devices.
- Co-development agreements for mobile phone applications, mobile payment and marketing
- Patent licensing agreement with the technology transfer office for a university
spin-off start-up for commercial lens technology fields.
$8,000,000 turn-key warehouse systems equipment installation and development agreement
for multiple international locations.
Dispositions / Liquidity Transactions
- $26,000,000 bank-financed recapitalization with special dividend.
- $95,000,000 sale of furniture manufacturer to private equity buyer.
- $6,000,000 sale of logistics company focused on lumber products.
- $30,000,000 sale of Internet consulting and software company.
$7,000,000 sale of option for recycling center and long-term operating agreement.
- Issuer representation in numerous private placement equity and debt financings up
- $8,400,000 construction and permanent financing of wind-power generating units for
- Private and public lender representation in transactions secured by collateral including
equipment, intellectual property, receivables, vehicles, aircraft and real estate.
- $50,000,000 Series B round issuer representation to private equity investor in food
safety and marketing industry.
Community and Non-Profit Involvement
- Lincoln Youth Soccer – Board of Directors
Women's Lunch Place – Former Director and Treasurer
- B.S., Geophysics, Bates College (1979)
J.D., Case Western Reserve University (1983)