Tom joined Tarlow Breed Hart and Rodgers as a partner in 2016, drawn to its collegial atmosphere and its personal approach to private client services. Since his admission to the Bar in 1998, he has focused his practice on trusts and estates.
In addition to his traditional trusts and estates practice, Tom is frequently engaged in international planning and administration, asset protection planning, business succession planning, fiduciary litigation and tax controversy work before federal, state and municipal taxing authorities. He represents individuals, families, estates, trusts and business entities, including doctors, business owners, executives, finance professionals, professors and attorneys. Mr. Sheehan is proud to include among his clientele a number of his former partners.
He began practicing in the Connecticut office of a small Manhattan tier one trusts and estates boutique, before joining a large national firm to assist with its multinational practice. He then moved to the Boston office of a large regional firm in order to expand the reach of his practice, then joined a Boston based firm as an equity partner before joining our firm.
Tom graduated from Providence College in 1993, from Roger Williams University School of Law in 1997 and from the Graduate Tax Program at Boston University School of Law in 1998. He is admitted to practice in the States of Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York, and before the United States Tax Court.
- Estate Planning
- Tax Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Trust and Estate Administration
- American Bar Association
- Committee Preparing Comments to Proposed Regulations for IRC Section 2036, Chair
- Committee Preparing Comments to HR 436
- Committee Preparing Comments to Form 8939 and Instructions
- Individual & Fiduciary Income Tax Section
- Probate and Fiduciary Litigation Section
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Professional Discipline Section
- Board of Editors, Connecticut Law Journal
- New York State Bar Association
- New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- Boston University School of Law – LL.M. Taxation
- Roger Williams University School of Law – J.D.
- Providence College – B.A.
- Town of Duxbury, Finance Committee
- Town of Duxbury Youth Baseball, Coach
- Housatonic Community College Foundation, Former Director
"Review Lease Provisions to Make Sure They Address Big-Box Retail Issues,"
New England Real Estate Journal, August, 2005
"By Addressing Third-Party Concerns Early On in Your Lease Negotiations, You
Will Minimize Delays," New England Real Estate Journal, June, 2005
"Winds of Change are Blowing in the Banking Industry: Check Processing Overhaul
Expected," New England Real Estate Journal, February, 2005
"Protect Your Real Estate Project in a Rising Interest Rate Environment,"
New England Real Estate Journal, June, 2004
"Avoid Lender-Contractor Conflicts in the Construction Process," New England
Real Estate Journal, December, 2003
"Trusts as Real Estate Holding Entities in Estate Planning Can Yield Benefits
During Lifetime," New England Real Estate Journal, May, 2003
"R.E. Orgs. Become Active in Lobbying Legislatures to Avoid Cutting Budgets,"
New England Real Estate Journal, June 2002
"The Safeguard in Uncertain Times is to Strengthen the Underwriter-Agent Relationship,"
New England Real Estate Journal, June 2001
"Relief for Registered Land Owners," Market Place, Greater Lowell Chamber
of Commerce, Spring 2001